Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD recording issue.

Okay, so we were recording stuff on cd's all along on the recorder (#1). For some reason it got stinky with us and would record only occasionally with a message of disc failure. Of coarse, that didn't occur until after we thought the program was recorded. It was on playback when we found the issue. So....we're using the backup recorder (#2). All went well, for a while. A couple of cd's would record, some would not. These all came out of the same package, by the way. So tonight my wife recorded a program for me only to find out it also had a disc error. So my program is lost. Interesting thing is, this cd worked several times in this same recorder. What might be going on?
    I was just informed that she had a disc that would not play back because of disc error, cleaned the disc with alcohol and microfiber cloth and it played back! NEAT! (She followed the directions for that unit.) Now, she tried to play back that SAME DISC and it came back with.....disc error.
    Last edited by mrcaptainbob; 04-18-2012, 08:37 PM.

cd's

some discs will show "disc errors" even new ones out of the same package. I've had this done multiple times for the same recordings. if you try to play store bought cd-s on a computer when you open up the files you'll see the file extension says cda. you could probably do an iso copy and the cda info will be copied. but for most recordings the cda needs to be converted to an mp3 for it to be compatible with all machines, not just the computer. all my music that I use for dj work are mp3's except for store bought cd-s. the cda plays ok, just reproducing them doesn't always work. cd-s record from the center hub outwards. if the lead in track is corrupt or has scratches in it, you'll always get errors

Comment

Recording issues....

Know what? I should've posted this in the audio/visual section, as it is tv recordings we're having issues with. If you'd care to move this to that forum, that would be fine with me.....

Comment

A little known well known tip. Cleaning CD's with tooth paste will sometimes make a bad disc play again. It has worked for me several times. It may help you make a bad disc play long enough to make a copy of it on a new disc. Rub it in a circular motion with the tooth paste then rinse it off.

Comment

Good tip, just don't use a toothbrush

Originally posted by Speedbump View Post
          A little known well known tip. Cleaning CD's with tooth paste will sometimes make a bad disc play again. It has worked for me several times. It may help you make a bad disc play long enough to make a copy of it on a new disc. Rub it in a circular motion with the tooth paste then rinse it off.

Comment

Good tip, just don't use a toothbrush
            I did leave that part out didn't I. If you do use one, be sure it's your Wives toothbrush.

Comment

Recording issues....

Great. Now I'll have a recorder with minty fresh breath. It better record, though!!!

Comment

Recording issues....

For some reason my charming wife installed that cd tonight. And...for some reason....IT WORKED!! So I did not miss last weeks Survivor program. There IS a God!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                =