Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genie door opener trouble

I have a Genie screw drive opener. The bolts holding the front of the track came loose and pushed the whole motor/track assembly backwards unplugging some of the electrical connections inside the plastic housing. I reconnected all the wires to the circuit boards. The motor and screw work fine now but only runs for two seconds and then stops right away even when the door is disengaged. I can unplug the sensors and limit switches and the result is the same..........

You obv have some loose wiring inside the box. Check the wires/ limit switch especially. Worst case buy a new motor (head only). I would first try tinkering with the circuit board connections...I would also check the sensor at the end of the rail. The switch that shuts off the motor when the trolley hits it down limit. I would bet that switch is damaged...

Stamps Garage Door Parts
    Stamps Garage Doors Illinois

Comment

Garage door repair

A wiring problem no doubt.

Comment

I checked every connection. The screw will run if I hold down the button on the remote. The rear limit switch (by the motor) will stop it. The front switch will not. It will not reverse. Opens the door only.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =