Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked septic drain line

So I was having trouble finding my septic tank so I decided to follow one of the drain lines to the d-box to the tank to locate it. I guess I was shoveling a little to hard and put a hole in one of the drain lines. I was thinking I would get all the dirt out, cover it with some chicken wire, then cover it with rocks. does this sound okay or is it a terrible idea? Do i need to replace that section of pipe? The hole is probably a few feet from the d-box. Thanks for any help.

septic

the main drain line takes the liquids away from the tank to a distribution box, and from there to the leach field. you could probably seal over the hole with a sheet of rubber and some clamps. about the only thing you'd risk is ground water coming into your basement.

Comment

You would be best off cutting out the damaged section and replacing it. It would probably save you a headache or two later.

Comment

Do it the right way just get to rubber couplings of the size pipe you have and cut out the broken piece slip in a new piece of pipe and tighten down the clamps on the coupling then rest assured you did the repair right.

Comment

thanks

thank you for the suggestions. i cut out the break and put a new pipe in.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =