Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

program remote for old Genie garage door opener (where is learn button??)

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• program remote for old Genie garage door opener (where is learn button??)

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this forum! I need to program a garage door opener remote & it's a pretty old Genie garage door opener. I can't even find a model number & I've opened the thing up & looked all over it. It just says "Genie 1/2 HP Screw Drive". I've spent hours online this morning & I'm at a dead end. I've found plenty of advice online about pressing a learn button on the opener to reprogram the remote. But I can't find a learn button on the opener. I also found something about having to manually set something on the circuit board to match the remote control? I don't quite understand that option. So can anyone help? I'm attaching pictures of the opener. Thank you so much!

- Insha
    Attached Files

The code for your opener is the red box @ the left light bulb and the remote you show in pic will not work with your opener. Get a universal remote or a Genie 912 remote.

Comment

Thank you - you're exactly right, of course. Just a couple days ago, I finally found a friend who had seen one of these before. And I also found the older remote that went with this opener. He got the code from the opener, where you said it was, & programmed the remote for me. It's nice to have it working after so long. Thanks again!

Comment

I have the same garage door opener. Unfortunatly ran over the old remote so had to buy a universal one.

I think I have found the code. Is the dip switch the same thing as the code? How do you program the remote? Just match the switches on opener and remote? I have done this but it has not worked

Also, does anyone have any more information on the model or a user manual? All i have to search by is Genie 1/2 HP ScrewDriver

Thanks!

Comment

Genie discontinued any support for those units; finding a manual is gonna be very tough.

The instructions for programming it vary based on the kind of universal remote you purchased. if you have the model for the remote you bought I can probably help you, although those remotes usually have pretty good instructions.

www.dgdoors.com
          Last edited by GarageDoorRepairGuy; 08-25-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I just wanted to know how you programed your remote if there is no "learn button" I have the same model and spent hours taking it apart and looking just to wind up at square 1. Also my light bulbs are not working so I replaced them and still they are not working any suggestions in that area on this Genie?

Comment

If you have a Genie as in the pictures in the first post of this thread. Look @ the second picture and you can see the dip-switches on the left behind the light bulb. You will need a Genie GT912-1BL 9/12 Switch Remote or Liftmaster 375LM Remote Clicker Universal Remote
              Some older Genie as the Pro88 has an external receiver (look some like this) and when you open it up, you will see the same dip-switches.
              Oh to program the remote, match up the switches in the remote with the switches on the opener/receiver.
              Genie dip-switch programing

Comment

Pairing the genie screw driver 1/2

Originally posted by TJR View Post
                The code for your opener is the red box @ the left light bulb and the remote you show in pic will not work with your opener. Get a universal remote or a Genie 912 remote.
                How do I pair it with my car without a remote

Comment

Pre-1995 Genie screw drive opener

When I looked at the link that you provided for the universal remote, it said that it was good for the post 1995 Genie, and mine is prior to that. Do you think that it will work for the Genie without the Intellicodes?

Comment

This is a link to LiftMaster manual for the universal remote 375LM
                    LiftMaster is the #1 brand of professionally installed residential, commercial and gate opener systems.

Look in Chart B for your remote, either 13 or 17

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =