Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maytag Refrigerator

I have a Maytag refrigerator and it is the type that has the water and ice dispenser and a water filter....I noticed this morning a red light on.. and alongside the light was marked "water filter"...underneath this light is two more lights marked "OK" and "change"...both these lights are off
    At first I assumed the filter needed changing as I replaced it last year and I figured it was on a time cycle for changing...but as I rarely use the dispenser.... I figured the filter was OK.. so I removed it then put it back in to interrupt the time cycle and start over...but nothing changed ..light stayed on....I then figured out the sensing circuit was telling me that there is no filter installed so this sensing circuit is faulty...as the lights on "OK" and "change" never came on
    I really don't need the filter anyway as the water where I live is said to be the best in the world...west coast of Canada.
    Should I remove the filter and forget about it...I don't have the blue filter bypass cap so is it OK without the cap
    Thanks in advance

Model numbe?

I have a Maytag refrigerator and it is the type that has the water and ice dispenser
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Maytag Refrigerator

Thanks Dan O...the model number is...MZD2665HEW

Comment

Maytag Wrote:

Filter Status Light
        This feature reminds users to replace water filter after 1 year have passed or after 500 gallons of water are filtered, whichever happens first.

NOTE: Filter status light turns red after 1 year have passed or after 500 gallons of water are dispensed, even if bypass is installed and unit is used without filter cartridge.

Green light indicates filter in good condition. Red light indicates filter replacement needed.

The filter monitor works by keeping track of time:
        • Six months is approximately 16 million seconds.
        • The refrigerator’s water system requires about 53,000 seconds to pass 500 gallons of water.
        • Each second that water is dispensed counts as 1.20 ounces of water.
        • An additional 3.20 ounces of water is counted every 30 minutes. This attempts to account for ice usage.

Filter Status Light Reset
        Once filter light turns red, it remains red until reset. To reset filter indicator, press both DISPENSER LOCK and WATER pushbuttons simultaneously and hold for 4 seconds. Make sure green light flashes 3 times when indicator resets.

I don't have the blue filter bypass cap
        A replacement bypass plug is available from the following link if needed.

LINK > Maytag water filter bypass plug

JFYI

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

maytag refrigerator

Again thanks Dan O...that worked

Comment

Working...
          X