Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clue to wiring genie pro83

Hello All,

This is one for the "hardwired" members. I recently built an "electric eye" for my Genie Pro83 because there seemed to be no compatible units on the market. So that part was a success, but the problem I'm having is that I can't determine a good wire to hook it up to on the Genie. Initially I made it to disconnect power to the garage door opener, but then what happens is every time the eye is tripped, the lights on the Genie go on and off because power gets cut when you pass the beam. Worse than that, I'm using those lights to trigger a relay that disables my automatic driveway floodlights because I don't want them coming on when we come in the garage. So now I've got the floodlights blinking because of the eye as well.

What I'm really after is a wire that I can safely cut into that will only disable the motor but will not disable the unit's lightbulb fixtures. I am unable to come up with an electrical diagram for the pro83.

If I come up short on information, I'll start hacking into wires to try but I thought I'd check here first and hopefully avoid a bunch of unnecessary wire cutting.

Thanks,

~Dan
Working...
X
=