Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disassembly of dbx 166A audio compressor/limiter

I need to disassemble a dbx 166A audio compressor/limiter to replace a switch. Looks like I need to remove the XLR jack plates from the chassis to pull the circuit board out. The photo on the left side shows a jack plate with what looks like 2 screw holes. From the other photo, you can see there's no screw and nut holding the plate to the chassis (at least through the top hole).

How can I remove the jack plate in a way that would allow a clean reassembly? Do these holes need to be drilled?

Click image for larger version

Name:	jack2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	87618Click image for larger version

Name:	jack1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	87617

input jack

looks like you need to drill out the two pop rivets. then, use a de-soldering iron or a low wattage soldering iron AND a solder sucker or solder wick to remove solder on the board. you might need to wiggle the jack when each solder point is heated.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      looks like you need to drill out the two pop rivets. then, use a de-soldering iron or a low wattage soldering iron AND a solder sucker or solder wick to remove solder on the board. you might need to wiggle the jack when each solder point is heated.
      I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =