Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height of fuel tank for Monitor Heater

Just had a new granby 220 tank bolted onto new concrete slab. I just measured it and it is 9" above the floor where the Monitor sets. It currently works. Will there be a problem in cold weather? Will the efficiency be lessened? Thanks I am in the Yukon, Canada Wali

external tank

should be no problem. book says at a minimum 2 inches above heater inlet. 9 inches is good. any higher and the inlet pressure would be above the 2.5 psi they recommend. watch for condensation settling near the bottom of the tank. I had a new tank installed here in NY. What I asked the installer to do is tap a 3/8" brass pipe, about 2 inches long into the exiting elbow. any condensation that would collect goes to the bottom [kerosene floats on water] so what exits the tank would be pure kerosene - no water. don't add any water emulsifier to the kero. all it will do is gum up the works. DO check your sump filter often.

Comment

height of fuel tank

The tank should be at least 18 inches above the bottom of the stove. The top of the tank should be less than 8 feet from the bottom of the stove. If the level of the fuel is above 8 feet the pressure will be above the 2.0 to 2.5 PSI limit of the constant level valve. Your set up will work as long as your tank has enough fuel to be 18 inches above the stove level. When you get low in the tank you will find the fuel will not flow. If it is real cold out this will happen sooner. As stated you should not use additives in your home heating fuel. Getting additives to go into solution with fuel oil is hard to do. If you don't get it right or use too much you will have problems with your filter being blocked with a thick layer of the additive when it gets cold. Use a good filter and make sure you don't get any raw water in your tank. Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X
      =