Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ceiling fan install??

Hi I hope someone can help. I installed a enw ceiling fan last night. Wiring is pretty simple, black to black white to white, not even I can screw up too much, BUT...fan doesn't work??? Wires from the ceiling have been tested and are getting power. The only thing I can think of is that I do NOT have the fan grounded. Older house, no ground wire coming from ceiling. Would the lack of a ground wire keep the fan from working? Or do I have another unknown problem?

You don't need a ground for the fan to work. Generally there is a third wire with no coating on the ceiling fan. This wire is the ground for the ceiling fan. It can be attached to the metal box that the wires from the ceiling are in. Make sense?

Does it make any noise at all? Does it do anything? Does it have a light? Does it work?

[:0]

Comment

Andy, thanks for trying to help...I got it running. Turns out that apparently I didn't have one of the wires, tightened well enough. I toook the connections off to test for power at the ceiling and when I got it all put back together it worked. Looks like I panicked and should have just rechecked all the connections first.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
      X
      =