Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• always reversing...............

Took the door out of the equation. Older Craftsman 1/2 HP reverses every time it stops moving forward. Intentional reversing doesn't do the same. Only has one stationary, push button control. Any input greatly appreciated.

more information

Originally posted by muskybobz View Post
    Took the door out of the equation. Older Craftsman 1/2 HP reverses every time it stops moving forward. Intentional reversing doesn't do the same. Only has one stationary, push button control. Any input greatly appreciated.
    Now that I've slowed down, I'll be more clear.

Chain and door are disconnected. Only control is wall mounted, door bell type push button. When I attempt to stop closing motion with button, as it has always done, it only reverses direction. Opening motion operates fine and can be stopped in any location. Eyes are clean and both continue to display a green light. Definitely not the door, but yet remains a mystery to me.

Thanks for your patience. Bob

Comment

door limits

if I'm not mistaken there is a threaded rod inside the opener that operates the same time the chain is in motion. at either extreme is a microswitch that actuates off a movable pawl along this rod. check to see if the reversing switch closes from vibration. this will reverse the door motion. other than that it would mean the current relay for the down motion is too sensitive.

Comment

Hit the button twice.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =