Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 Fuel Issue

I have a Monitor 422. It will come, on fire up and the fan will come on like normal. After it clicks into high burner status it will run for about 2 minutes and then it begins "thumping" like it is out of fuel. I have cleaned all the filters and I replaced the fuel pump but it still does the same everytime. I restart it and it will pump the fuel in and burn but again it will burn on high for about 2 minutes and start "thumping" again and will shut down. It seems to get the fuel just fine in the beginning. Any ideas on what the next step should be? Thank You!

bleed filter

Jerry,

You may need to clean the filter on the stove. After that bleed the air off the top of the filter on the tank. Turn off the valve on the tank. Take the fuel line off the filter and turn the valve on. The fuel should shoot out 6 or more inches. Attach the line and your stove should start.

Stay warm. It's 20 here in Bethel.

Tom

Comment

Might also loosen the fuel line at the rear of the heater to be sure there's not air in the line preventing the kerosene from reaching the heater. When I first installed my 422 it did the same thing, after I loosened the fitting and allowed all the air to escape the fuel line it was fine.

Comment

I am currently only using the internal tank on this monitor. I have cleaned all the filters inside. The filter for the internal tank and the filter under the pump. It sucks the fuel in just fine at start up and then runs great for a few minutes then starts "thumping" like it all of the sudden is not getting fuel. Then if I restart the heater it will do the exact same thing. I would think if it is able to suck the fuel to fire up it would continue to do so during the entire cycle.

Comment

Capsule tank filter

Jerry,

The filter for the capsule tank has a probe on one side. It should be sticking UP. This is a probe that sticks into the capsule tank to open the valve. Has there ever been a problem with water in the fuel?

Tom

Comment

heater

the heater doesn't "suck" fuel. there's no fuel pump forcing fuel into the sump tank. its all gravity feed. check the lines arent kinked.

Comment

Jerry, in addition to what Hawkins mentioned regarding the Capsule tank filter.
              The pin in the center if the tank filter that opens the valve on the capsule sometimes breaks off leaving it too short. The pin should be about 3/4" long from the bottom of the filter screen to tip. and be sure you are not overfillng the capsule tank as there is a max fill line on the capsule tank.
              Also if you remove the Capsule tank and filter and verify that there is actually enough fuel in the reservoir as i assuming there is as you didnt mention a low fuel indicator light.
              Other than that if there is fuel below the tank in the reservoir, make sure that it flows from the reservoir into the constant level valve and that it is actually filling the CLV. Hawkins was asking about any indication of water as there might be rust or corrosion somewhere in the system and you may have to thoroughly clean them. Just be aware that there is a fair amount of fuel in the reservoir if you disconnect the line to the CLV.
              i ran into a problem on a 422 where the rubber tip of the needle valve was deteriorated and dislodged from the needle itself and was sitting just above the seat where the needle valve rides and was restricting flow. Might not be your problem but too much info cant hurt.

Dan
              Last edited by dfitz3390; 11-09-2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I have had problems with the fuel leaving the capsule tank on my 422 if I tighten the cap on the capsule tank too tight. I guess it creates a vacuum inside the tank, try just snugging it enough that it doesn't leak to see if it helps.

Comment

may happen if you overfill it

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =