Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time/Temperature Control Button Assembly

A couple of the buttons on my 422 aren't working as smoothly as they used to. Does anyone happen to have an old 422/441 for parts with a used set of the time/temperature control buttons for the 422/441 that they want to sell? I don't need the panel with the off/on button and time/temperature setting display, just the buttons that adjust the time temperature and plastic button cover. If you have them let me know what you're willing to sell them for. The only ones that I've been able to find is the complete set including the off/on button and time/temperature display window.

Lamp and Switch Circuit

The indicator circuit board is really just one piece. Part # 6266 is one piece when used for the M441. When used on a M422 you need to separate the two pieces. They break along a line that has only a couple of thin connections. The two pieces are connected by a wiring harness and I don’t think it comes apart. The plastic cover that has the buttons on it is replaceable on the M422. If it’s the electrical buttons on the board that are messed up you may be out of luck and a new part is in your future. Try Mathis Electronics in North Carolina. They might fix newer indicator circuits.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Tom. I wasn't aware they were one piece on the 441. I just knew they were two separate pieces in my 422, but I didn't check to see if the wiring could be separated or not. If no one has a used one I can get I'll keep using the one that's in the heater until it finally gives completely out. Right now the only button that is non functional is the economy mode button and I don't use it, but the timer/temperature selector button seems to be acting kind of strange at times. I don't change the temperature setting very often so it may still last a few years. I just thought if someone had a used one at a decent price I'd be interested. I'll keep my eyes on this post and on ebay for possible replacements from someone parting out a unit.
      Last edited by FordMan59; 11-25-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

buttons

aren't those tactile switches? by this I mean there's a printed circuit below a carbon or graphite button. when you push the button the graphite makes contact through the printed circuit button. its the same concept as a computer keyboard. maybe you could clean off the circuit board contact with alcohol and a swab

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          aren't those tactile switches? by this I mean there's a printed circuit below a carbon or graphite button. when you push the button the graphite makes contact through the printed circuit button. its the same concept as a computer keyboard. maybe you could clean off the circuit board contact with alcohol and a swab
          I'll take another closer look at them later when we have a warm day and there's not much heat needed, but I think you are right. I just assumed the switches were bad.

Comment

Mathis Electronic repair service

Mathis Electronics - Monitor Heater circuit board repair for M441, M41, M2400 and others

As you can see from this link Mathis will repair the Lamp and Switch circuit for your M441/422. From my experience their work is top notch. I have used them twice for M2400 circuit board repair and both worked perfectly.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X
            =