Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird furnace issue--shutting off

We've been experiencing weird issues with our furnace. It will just periodically stop working for no reason (that I can tell). I replaced the thermostat and now it will tell me it isn't getting power from the R wire. If I go press the front of the furnace (which presses up against the button that keeps it going) it will click and then kick on. At that point the power is restored to the R wire and the furnace operates normally for a while. Sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for a few hours. But then it eventually shuts down again until I push the cover again to activate it.

I have checked the LED lights for an issue but when the furnace shuts down so do they. Then when I click the front they come on flashing the "all clear" code.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss, have searched the web but come up empty.

furnace

Originally posted by hamdogg View Post
    We've been experiencing weird issues with our furnace. It will just periodically stop working for no reason (that I can tell). I replaced the thermostat and now it will tell me it isn't getting power from the R wire. If I go press the front of the furnace (which presses up against the button that keeps it going) it will click and then kick on. At that point the power is restored to the R wire and the furnace operates normally for a while. Sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for a few hours. But then it eventually shuts down again until I push the cover again to activate it.

I have checked the LED lights for an issue but when the furnace shuts down so do they. Then when I click the front they come on flashing the "all clear" code.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss, have searched the web but come up empty.
    with you pressing against the switch you state, this should tell you something. check the switch to wall clearance. it sounds to me that the switch isn't making up.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =