Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trane Relay problem??

Hello all

I recently had some heat problems. I have a Trane twg060a150b1. I would kick the heat on via thermostat and the outside unit would come on, but the blower in the attic wouldn't. I called out a HVAC company and they guy advised the compressor and everything outside checked out ok. He checked in the attic and said my relay looks to be bad. He said he didn't have the part but could just "jump" it so my blower stays on and would blow out the heat when the outside unit kicked on. Well it worked for about 10mins after he left. I have to go shut the blower off at the breaker now since it's just blowing cold air, and when I turn it back on...the outside unit doesn't even kick on anymore. Here are a few pictures I took. He quoted me a considerable higher price than what I'm seeing this relay go for online. I'm figuring I can do the swap myself and see where that takes me. The only problem I am having, is if I get the part and replace the wires exactly how they are placed on the old board...I'm not sure what two connections he actually jumped together to make the blower run nonstop. Any help?

s1166.beta.photobucket.com/user/atl_libra/library/HVAC

blower

on the relay there should be a sort of diagram showing the coil connections, this you don't touch. next will be a common terminal and either a "normally open" terminal and a "normally closed" terminal. my guess is that the connection between the common and the normally open terminal is jumpered out. what might be happening is in the logical circuit of the blower, something on the controller board is seeing a closed circuit where normally it would be open and keeps the blower off.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =