Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Storm Door on metal door casing, stucco walls, no brickmold

I've picked out a storm door (from anderson) but I'm not sure how I'm going to install it. Before I buy it, I need some advice. My door frame doesn't match the measuring instructions. Specifically, the casing is metal and the exterior of the house is stucco. The stucco comes flush with the outter edge of the casing and I have no brick mould. You can see in one of the photos, the measuring instructions compared to the actual shape of my door frame.
    So, Can I install a storm door on this as is, or do I have to make some adjustments first?

Do I need to install bickmould around the door? If so, any suggestions on how I can make it lay flush with the casing? The front face of the casing slants away at an angle so that if I were to place moulding flush against the exterior wall, there would be a gap of about 1/2 inch at the inner edge of the casing.

Is there something else I should do?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DoorSill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	87690Click image for larger version

Name:	Door.jpg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	87691Click image for larger version

Name:	Diagram1.jpg
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	87692

The standard door from Anderson should fit as long as your measurements are the same eg: 36" opening. You will need to add a small strip on the outer edge to fill that angled front edge, 1/4"x1/4" usually does the trick, the hinge side is the only side that screws both from the front and the interior side (this is to support the weight of the door). The latch side is screwed only from the front, same with the top.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =