Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 441 not pumping fuel

I recently replaced burner and all associated parts but I can't seem to get the fuel pump to pump. the fire rod is not grounding out and I jumpered the fan switch, Is there a way of bypassing the safety cutoffs so I can begin to see where is the issue is? Any thooughts would be appreciated - we are freezing!

M441 fuel pump

Nellie, when you say fan switch I assume you mean the Air Safety switch. That is the square silver switch on the bass of the heater. If that is what you by passed and the pump does not come on you have one of two problems. Either the pump is bad or the main circuit board is bad. The pump can be checked with an OHM meter. It should show 565 OHMS between one of the blades and the resistor ( not through the resistor). If the PCB is bad it can be fixed by Mathis Electronics in North Carolina.

Tom

Comment

You can pull the J clip off the motherboard and jumper across the two pins. If it starts up then, turn it off and use an ohmmeter to check the two klixon switches located on the front of the heat shroud that covers the fire chamber. They should read closed, no resistance.

If jumpering across J makes it work and the air proving switch is working, it could be a blockage in the air pathways. Things that can cause issues: Junk in the big black rubber elbow that connects the combustion fan to the burn chamber, combustion fan not turning, broken or stopped-up rubber hose that goes from the combustion fan to the air proving switch.

I was about to pull my hair out last year because my 441 wouldn't pump kerosene. It turned out to be junk in my kerosene tank outside, blocking the flow. Cost me $300 for another 441 to learn a hard lesson when the new one did exactly the same thing. But at least I have spare parts now.

Comment

testing

use a wire with two crocodile clips, one on each end and jumper out those that are normally closed at startup. the air proving switch is a mini microswitch with three terminals one is common, one is nc,one is no. wires should go on the common and no terminal. the switch contacts close on air pressure.

Comment

M441 not pumping

Nellie,

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X
          =