Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any pictures of monitor 441 rebuilds?

I am planning on a full rebuild on my 441. New burner pot, and ring along with all new gaskets, orings and blower bearings
    Just wondering if there are any pictures or diagrams I can reference. I see a lot of helpful posts and descriptions, but a picture is worth a thousand words!
    My monitor is currently running ok, but it is starting to get a little yellow flame, and I bought it used a couple years ago with unknown service history. I figured I would do a full rebuild now while parts are still readily available. I plan on keeping my old burner pot if its in good shape and reconditioning it with a new burner mat for future use.

No Pictures

I don't have any rebuild pictures, but I do have the Monitor service manual in PDF format that I can send you if you'd like. The service manual does have an exploded view of the heater/parts/assembly. If you want a copy of the service manual either send me your email address in a PM or post it in this thread. Don't be intimidated by the Monitor, I'd never worked on one until last February when I rebuilt the burn chamber in my 422. With a little common sense and help from the more experienced people on this forum it was a breeze. I started mid afternoon and was finished the same night. My rebuild consisted of disassembly, cleaning the old burn pot, a new burn mat, new burn ring, some new gaskets and reassembly. Unknowingly, I think I actually disassembled more than was necessary which added to the time I spent on it, but I got it all back together and it's working great.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 01-13-2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

re

Thanks for the reply!
      I sure would appreciate a copy of the service manual.
      My email is jcronk69@yahoo.com

I have a basic idea of how the monitor is put together, my main question is how the burner pot is removed.
      I know how the burner ring comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by 72cougarxr7 View Post
        Thanks for the reply!
        I sure would appreciate a copy of the service manual.
        My email is jcronk69@yahoo.com

I have a basic idea of how the monitor is put together, my main question is how the burner pot is removed.
        I know how the burner ring comes out.
        Email sent. If I recall correctly once the burn chamber is out of the heater you simply turn it upside down and remove 3 or 4 screws to get the burn pot out.

Comment

re

The manual doesnt seem to give any clear instruction on removing the burn chamber. What is involved in removing it?

Comment

Originally posted by 72cougarxr7 View Post
            The manual doesnt seem to give any clear instruction on removing the burn chamber. What is involved in removing it?
            If I recall correctly on my 422 all that would have had to be removed was the top of the heater and components underneath to gain access to the burn chamber, and remove the front of the heater, unplug the time/temperature controller from the main circuit board so you can take the top completely out of the way. Once you've made sufficient room to remove the burn chamber and heat exchanger, remove the intake air tube from the rear of the heater, unplug the flame rod and igniter from the circuit board, remove the burn chamber and heat exchanger as one unit by removing 3 screws that hold the burn chamber to the floor of the heater and 1 screw that holds the exhaust duct to the rear of the heater. Taking the burn chamber and heat exchanger out together and leaving them together prevents having to replace that gasket. As I said this is from memory without opening my heater and looking. Maybe some of the others who are more familiar with them will also help you out.

Comment

I currently have mine out for rebuild . I'll try to remember the sequence .

Unplug the heater
              remove front grill
              remove cabinet face above grill and unplug
              remove top of cabinet
              remove upper burner shielding
              remove circulation fan and unplug ( for access to back bottom burner screws and cleaning )
              remove 6 screws at bottom of burner assembly
              remove fuel line to burner
              remove flame detector
              remove ignitor
              remove burner cabinet screw at top left
              remove exhaust outlet tube spring
              remove screw at exhaust outlet ( back of cabinet under exhaust outlet )
              shake burner assembly and heat exchanger as a unit to loosen.
              remove burner assembly and heat exchanger as a unit
              turn upsidedown and remove 4 screws that hold burner pot.
              Lift burner pot out

Sorry no pics , hope that helps .

Comment

that helps

Thank you both! That was the info I needed!

Comment

service manual

fordman send me that manual. I want to see if it's the same one a previous person scanned and submitted to the forum.
                  tmierzwa@twcny.rr.com

Comment

Another couple things that will make life much easier in the long run trying to get the burner out. Is to take the bottom white cover off only two screws. Take the small screw out of the side heat shield which is just to the left of the ignitor. Take the 4 screws out that holds the white legs to the heater in place and then on the back side take out the lower screw that screws the bottom of the case to the heater bottom. I know this sounds like a lot of screws but once you get thes out it will let you move the left side of the case and heat shield out of you way and you can reach the two screws that holds the burner in on the side and back and also makes the back right one easier to access.

Comment

Bryand , did you ever receive my PM about the burner pin ?

Comment

put it in the mail

Comment

Thanks , for some reason my sent messages are showing zero so wasn't sure you the PM .

Comment

Damper O-ring

When your working on the combustion motor bearings be sure and take a few more minutes and remove the damper and replace the damper o-ring. It would be a
                            shame while your that far into it not to replace it.

Good luck on your project, I have done many and its always nice to see them run like new after going the rebuild.

Comment

Rebuild done!

I got the rebuild done last night. I have the combustion motor bearings, but there was nothing wrong with the old ones, so I left them for now.
                              Seems to be running great, nice even flame! Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              =