Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monitor 2400 E 14 error code

Thanks {vb:rawphrase post_thanks_given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I bet we can solve this real quick. Take the oil line off the burner. Take a 1/8" drill bit needs to be about 6" long and drill out the line going down into the burner. It should go at least 5 inches before hitting metal. You can tell the difference between metal and carbon. I really think what is happening is your line going into the burner is clogged but not completly and will allow the heater to run on low and possibly even medium but when the heater goes to high and runs for a while it is building up back pressure and cutting your fuel pump off. Try it only takes a minute or two. Always try the easy stuff first and eliminate them.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

M2400 trouble

Major Tom,

Have you had a chance to trouble shoot your M2400? Be sure to rod out the fuel nozzle as Bryand stated. Keep us posted.

Tom

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've been away. Just got back and Bam, that was the problem. Cleaned out the carbon on the fuel intake and she's burning nice. Just in time for the deep freeze here in the NE.
    Thanks to all.
    Peace and warmer days.
    Tom

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    I have worked on these things for 25 years and don't profess to know it all but I always try to eliminate the little things right off the bat. If it is not running when I get there the first thing I do is take the burner door off and check flame sensor and burner ring. If that is not the problem check the oil line going into the burner. If that is not it then I will try to start it up and see how it acts. If you start it up before checking then you have to wait on it to start shut off then cool down so you can work on it. These two simple first steps can save you a lot of time. You will also know if the ignitor is ok if there is not a fuel build up in the burner. There are some issues with blowers and dirty carbs causing problems but most of the time the few simple steps above will solve a lot of the issues.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    468 Posts

Monitors [in general]

I started this thread way back in 2006 give or take a few years. I had a Monitor M41 when I moved from the big city [Buffalo NY] to Saint Regis Falls. I didn't even know what a Monitor was. I heard talk about them but......
    Anyway, mine had a blower that sounded like a jet engine winding up. The supplier guy said the combustion blower was going. I bought a new motor and replaced it. I put the vacuum blades on backwards and had to take it apart again. This time it made air. It fired up and with a little gentle push it was making heat! So this is the infamous Monitor!
    I took apart the blower motor I took out and used a small gear puller to remove the bearings. 608Z double sealed ball bearings. Google searched and saw that the bearings were the same ones used on inline skate trucks. Amazon had a dozen of them for 8 bucks. I checked out MPI and they wanted 26 bucks for one bearing. Are they nutz???
    Next came a search for the viewing window. I broke mine so it was off to McMaster-Carr Industrial supply. I found BORO-SILICATE GLASS. It had a temperature co-efficient far greater than the original so I bought a piece. It didn't even feel like glass but it cut like glass. Next came the gaskets. 16.05 for the viewing window gasket. Again there had to be a better way. Back to McMaster and I found a woven ceramic gasket material a half inch thick by 1 foot wide and 3 feet long for 11 bucks. I peeled away until I had a one-eighth thickness and put it on. It worked and didn't disintegrate when I removed the metal, not like the stuff MPI supplied. Next was the burner mat. 55 bucks for a new mat. Again back to McMaster. They had a coated acryllic ceramic material, a little thicker than MPI material but had a temperature rating of 2300 degrees. Bought it put it in , fired up the heater and off I was again to the world of turquoise blue flames. And so on and so forth. I was hooked on fixing Monitors and helping anyone that owned one.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I keep getting this code on my 2400 every time I refill my 5 gallon quik tank. You can hear the pump knocking before it shuts down so I think an air pocket in the line is causing it. This is annoying because my other heaters don't have this problem after I refuel the tank. I cleaned the fuel inlet so hopefully that is the problem. I don't have the ability to feed these heaters with a larger tank right now.

Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    When you hear the pump thumping you have a fuel problem. Low fuel, low head pressure, vent, or dirty filter. Since you have a quick tank, you may have a low head issue. What about some pictures of the tank and fuel line.

Thread Information