Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Vasner - Light Problem

Light not working on Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Vasner. Replaced Halogen bulb with 100W bulb. Light doesn't come on and a clicking sound coming from inside the fan body. I was wondering if someone else may have encountered the same issue and how one may fix it.Thanks for any help.

ceiling fan

does this fan operate off a remote controller or do you have to pull chains to turn the light on and off?
    a remote controller operates off a radio frequency to a receiver in the fan canopy. the signal is applied either to a relay or a triac which is the switching device.
    the triac is also a dim up and dim down device.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      does this fan operate off a remote controller or do you have to pull chains to turn the light on and off?
      a remote controller operates off a radio frequency to a receiver in the fan canopy. the signal is applied either to a relay or a triac which is the switching device.
      the triac is also a dim up and dim down device.
      Thanks so much for your response. Yes the fan does have a remote. I tried bypassing the receiver and I got the same problem i.e. the light doesnt come on with the clicking sound coming from within the fan body. From this I conclude that the receiver is not causing the problem. The THD Customer Care representative suggested I try replacing the light-plate. So I have ordered one but I am not convinced that it is the probem as the sound seems not to be coming from the light-plate. In any case I will try replacing the light-plate. I wonder if it is the Relay/Triac that I need to replace.

Comment

fan-light

check the wires that go to the light assembly. should be a voltage between the line white and the blue wire.
        check BEFORE the module, again the blue wire and white.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =