Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 Sump

Wondering the best way to clean the sump. I don't have a service manual so I'm unsure of how to proceed. Cleaned my internal filter which was almost completely clogged so I suspect the sump has a bunch of crud. Heater is now working fine though.

sump

ok, here's the way to proceed.
    take off the front panel. unplug the heater. shut off the fuel flow. make a trough out of aluminum foil and place it between the side panel and bottom of the sump below the two screws. feed this into a shallow pie tin. crack open the large philips screw and drain the fuel from the sump.
    remove the two spade terminal wires from the pump and put aside. remove the brass gland from the top of the pump and place the cappilary aside.
    unscrew the fuel line from the back of the sump with a 13mm open end wrench. go in the cw rotation.
    unscrew four screws that hold the sump to the heater bottom and remove the whole tank.
    remove two screws on opposite corners and remove the top plate and pump assembly.
    now look inside. any brownish looking crap needs to come out.
    saturate the inside with GUMOUT carb cleaner. clean anything inside with a Q tip and gumout and rinse out with gumout and compressed air.
    remove two screws and take out the needle valve assembly and float. don't lose the O ring.
    spray gumout into the seat.
    blow out the seat. examine the needle valve on the float. if the rubber tip is missing you'll need a new float and valve,
    now reverse the whole procedure and you're done.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =