Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 422 lights then cuts out

Hello, My Monitor 422 will turn on and I can see the flame. The burner status lights up with 4-5 bars then the flame stops and in a minute or 2 the burner status lights blink. I have cleaned the filter in the unit, installed a rebuild kit with new gaskets and blew out and cleaned the soot out of the exhaust pipe. If anyone has ideas I would be very appreciative. Thanks

M422

Short of having an air lock in your line; or being low on fuel; I would say the flame sensor is touching the ring or burner.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
      Short of having an air lock in your line; or being low on fuel; I would say the flame sensor is touching the ring or burner.

Tom
      Thanks for the info. The only way I could replace the sensor was to point it upwards. Is that correct? Should it point down?

Comment

M422 overhaul

It should point downward. The problem comes if the angle is off and the sensor touches the ring or the edge of the pot. What did you use for a flame sensor gasket? You stated you did an overhaul. Could you go over all the stuff you did and which parts you replaced?

Tom

Comment

flame rod

with the flame rod in place and the gasket applied you can move the flame rod side by side by loosening one screw and tightening the other. it needent be reefed on down, just enough to afford a seal against the kero fumes in the pot. the metal of the flame rod is nickel silver, very hard and very brittle.

Comment

Monitor works now

Thanks Guys, I reversed the direction on the sensor and it came right up to temp. and now we are warm. Thanks for the good advice.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =