Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor422 problem

hi, i have a monitor422 and when i turn it on it runs fine goes up about 4 degrees past my set temp. then begins its shut down all burner staus lights are on at the start of it and they will start slowing going down till the burner status lights get down to 2 bars then the machine will start flashing 8888 and all the burner status lights will be blinking.and i have to turn it off and back on to work but at shut down it keeps doing the same. hope someone can help thx.
    Last edited by xlotmc; 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM.

M422 quits

Be sure the tank has lots of fuel and the filter has been changed. While outside look at the flue pipe to be sure it is not covered with snow or ice. Clean the filter on the stove. Clean the circulating fan and cover. After you do all that get back to us.

Thanks Tom

Comment

ok i checked fuel level it has 300gal left in a 600gal tank. changed the filter at the tank it was bad. i also took off the filter on the stove cleaned it and also decided to flush out the fuel line going to the stove. cleaned the fans checked flu pipe for blockage none found. i put all back together and it runs the same during shutdown mode the burner status light go from full status down to 2 bars then the machine starts flashing 8888 and burner status lights all flicker like before. thx for the reply hawkins, hope u have other ideas to try.

Comment

heater

the following excerpt came right out of the mpi error code sheet|
        E13 No ignition. Failure of ignitor, solenoid pump
        or circuit board.
        Incorrect wiring or flame rod
        touches to burner parts.
        Air pressure switch or overheat switches open
        so, according to them this is a place to start.

Comment

M422 not cycling correctly

A Monitor 422 is a very good heater. Like all things mechanical they will need service at some time in their life. Be sure to bleed the air off the top of the filter. You may be lucky and get away with rodding out the fuel nozzle into the burner as well as clipping off the last angle (1/4”) of the flame sensor. Clipping off the flame sensor is radical surgery, but if you don’t clip off too much there is no problem. The sensor of the M422 hangs into the burner farther than any other vented heater I’ve seen. The last angle has proved unnecessary and the heater will run normal without it. The real issue here is the burner ring has warped and may be too close to the sensor. A combustion chamber overhaul is in the near future. Tom

Comment

M422 trouble

xlotmc,

Did you mess with your heater?

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X
            =