Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What Is Being Used For Outside Basement Walls These Days Instead Of Sheetrock?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What Is Being Used For Outside Basement Walls These Days Instead Of Sheetrock?

We are finally finishing half our basement, Poured foundation, dry and unpainted. I have put up Celotex board against the concrete and put in most of the 2 by 4 stud wall so far. Considering mold's affinity for rock on outside walls what's left that doesn't cost a fortune.? I assume that rock is still ok for the interior portions as long as it's 2 inches off the floor ect.

Use the gold sheet rock, It has no paper and that is what mold uses to live and grow on. That's all I use exclusively on anything under grade even for ceilings.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

mold resistent sheetrock

I found this on the web:
      Lafarge Mold Defense Type X may also be used as a thermal barrier in roof assemblies when specified by the roofing manufacturer.

When used in a certified sound-rated assembly, Mold Defense Type X will also contribute to required Sound Transmission Class (STC) values.

Recommended installation procedures should be followed in order to ensure optimal fire-resistant performance.

Type X accommodates a variety of decorative treatments after proper surface preparation.

Advantages:

Low installation cost: Mold Defense Type X installs quickly and easily. It cuts and snaps like standard drywall.

Mold resistance: Mold Defense Type X provides enhanced protection against the growth of mold and mildew.

Fire resistance: Mold Defense Type X is formulated to perform in accordance with ASTM C 1396, Section 7, Type X, and is UL labeled (Type LGFC2A).

Comment

Working...
      X
      =