Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove brick on front of house

We are contemplating purchasing a tri level home. Great inside,but the lower level has brick on the front. We would like to either remove it or reshingle over it. Suggestions? Can we attach strips to the front and shingle over it, or how hard is it to remove the brick?
    There is a garage door, window and entry door in the bricked area.

Sgp

You could remove the brick, although it doesn't sound like fun to me. Have you considered painting the brick instead? That is what they are doing to many homes in my area.
    Try

Comment

Thanks for your response, Troy. While painting the brick might be one thought, we definitely want it to go. We are thinking of applying strapping over the brick, then adding the shingles (which are on the rest of the house.) We were hoping someone would have some ideas about doing this, especially regarding the change in depth around windows and doors.
      Ideas?

Sgp

Comment

I am looking for tips on how to remove brick from the exterior of our home without damaging it so it can be re-used on an addition. We were hoping to do it ourselves. Anyone?

Comment

If you chizzle out the mortar of one brick, you should be able to get bigger sections to fall. The bricks shouldn't break apart unless they are falling a good distance. The hard part will be scraping off the mortar.

T

Comment

Working...
          X
          =