Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Nautilus Dishwasher not draining

I have had this dishwasher almost 10 years, no complaints. It recently started to not drain. It seemed like a one time thing as I was able to get it to drain on 2nd attempt, now it will not drain at all. So I began to take it apart as I did a few searches and wanted to make sure everything was working. I cleaned the filters on the inside, not too dirty. I verified that the impeller blades are good on the inside part of the pump. Pump definitely turns on as I removed the bottom cover. I also looked to see if the hose was clogged (only checked the side closest to the garbage disposal, it was fine). What it seems to do is fill, then when it should drain, it sits and waits then I hear it cycle through a wash again, then it does not drain. I believe the solenoid works, not sure of the impact this has on draining. Any suggestions to troubleshoot?

Mike

Model number?

GE Nautilus Dishwasher
    I'm afraid that is not enough information to identify the appliance in question. What is needed is its exact model number. If you post it we can at least look it up to see what appliance design you're dealing with.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number identification tag on your appliances at the following link:

LINK > Model Number Tag Location Guide

If you post that information we'll try to offer suggestions.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Model Number

The model number is GSD4500G00BB. Maybe 2 washes before it drained, then it di not then it did, now does not seem to drain after initially filling. Will go through all cycles with the same water and just seems to pause where it should drain. I am just trying to be logical about what to try an replace first. Pump and solenoid seem OK.

Comment

just seems to pause where it should drain.
        The main motor should operate during wash and drain. However, during drain the drain solenoid is also energized which 'directs' the water to the drain instead of the wash system.

If the motor really does not operate during drain but does operate without problems otherwise, there may be a defect in the dishwasher's timer.

LINK > GE GSD4500G00B Sequence Switch aka Timer

and solenoid seem OK.
        I assume you mean the drain solenoid on the main pump? What exactly gives you that opinion? Did someone actually test it??

A failure of the drain solenoid wouldn't stop the pump for operating if it in deed is not function during the drain portions of the cycle.

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Solenoid

I have not tested the solenoid. How would I know if it was working? Woudl this be the most common issue outside of a blocked drain?

Mike

Comment

Accurate problem description needed

You said, "just seems to pause where it should drain".

Is the dishwasher motor running when it should be draining or not?

I have not tested the solenoid. How would I know if it was working?
            You can read about how a solenoid works at the following link:

LINK > How do I test a solenoid?

Woudl this be the most common issue outside of a blocked drain?
            Operation of the motor during drain should be your main concern.

If the motor IS running but the dishwasher is NOT draining, operation of the drain solenoid would need scrutiny.

If the motor IS running during the drain and the drain solenoid IS being energized at the beginning of the drain cycle, there are other things that will need checking including possibly the drain plumbing but what we really need is an accurate description of what is or is not actually occurring.

JMO

Dan O.
            Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X
            =