Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with bumpy, uneven walls

Hi all,

The living room in my new apartment has very uneven walls. It's so consistent that it looks as though someone intended them to look this way. Is there anything I can do to make these nice, flat, and even, short of leveling the whole wall and building it up again? Is this something spackling could help? Would I need a power sander? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	87730Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06122.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	87731

A quick answer

If it was your home, I would recommend tearing out the walls and ceiling and then hang new dry wall.

Since it's an apartment, you could scrape the walls down very thouroughly and then skim coat the walls with joint compound.

Once the joint compound is dry then sand them with a sanding block.

Repeat this 2 or 3 times for all the walls and then you should be ready for 2 coats of primer sealer and then 2 coats of paint.

Jim Martin

Dallas Air Conditioning Service | Dallas AC Repair Service | Dallas Heating Service | 24-hour HVAC Technicians

Comment

I've seen such "texture" before and for the life of me, I'm not sure why anyone would find it attractive. Not a whole lot you can do, especially seeing how you don't own it. I would definitely check with the landlord before you did anything like scraping the wall. Good luck cause you're probably gonna need it

Comment

Working...
      X
      =