Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Bathroom Fan/light

I have just purchased a park model mobile home and the bathroom fan/light needs to be replaced. My problem is the size of the existing fan, the box in the ceiling in 10" and its round with the vent going directly up and out. Been to Lowes and all they have is 8" square box replacement fan/light which does not fit and unless I do major renovation to the ceiling it will not work. Does anyone have any other options that I might consider.

fan/light

have you checked other big box stores?
    Nutone, Emerson etc. has a web site that has direct replacement fixtures.

Comment

Fan/light replacement

Thanks I will give it a try.

Comment

Have you tried looking at your fan's model number and look for that via google etc... ?

The standard size is going to be around that 8" square particularly in the cheaper end. If you look a little more upmarket you'll get into the 14' x 8" cut out size. Broan make a very quiet one at .7 sones cut out is around the 11"x10" but it's also in the $170 ish price range (you pay for quiet), it's available at Lowe's and HD.

If you wanted to stay in the cheaper range you could install the smaller fan and drywall patch the area.
        Another option would be to try calling a mobile home company and see if they still use that size.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I am surprised the salesperson at Lowes didn't mention the larger size I will try again and even venture over to Home Depot....thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
          X
          =