Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differnce between 2-way and 3-way diverter

3-way Diverter

I BOUGHT THIS 3-4 years ago, who knows when Home expo went out of business and I am just getting around to installing and lo and behold there it is as a current item at HD!

So as I look at the instructions it talks about using it as a 2-way or a 3-way.

The application I am replacing is a bathtub faucet with a tub. You pull up on the tub faucet thingy and the water comes out the shower head above. ONE knob controls the water temperature.

SO. I see in the drections that you can configure this thing as a 2-way or a 3-way so what's the difference and will this impact my installation?

thanks hayzeee
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

this "thing"

this "thing" is just a diverter valve. it doesn't shut off anything. it has a 3/4" mixed water inlet and three or two outlets.
    in essence if you have a shower with three shower heads, then you can control where the water goes, one head or all three.
    you need a separate shut off valve BEFORE the diverter.
    So, I doubt that the valve will help you with your renovation, i.e. replacing what you have now.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      this "thing" is just a diverter valve. it doesn't shut off anything. it has a 3/4" mixed water inlet and three or two outlets.
      in essence if you have a shower with three shower heads, then you can control where the water goes, one head or all three.
      you need a separate shut off valve BEFORE the diverter.
      So, I doubt that the valve will help you with your renovation, i.e. replacing what you have now.
      Incredible!!!

So can you tell me what I need to buy?

tub, tub faucet with diverter valve that diverts water to shower, one knob that controls temp and volume....

thanks HayZee!!

Comment

tub

I went into my microsoft "paint" screen and started to draw something for you when it hit me.
        If you want a tub with a shower overhead on one wall then you don't need the diverter. A regular Delta or Moen single knob valve will work with a diverter flap in the tub spout.
        Basically you'll have the hot on one side, the cold on the other side, the tub spout in the bottom outlet and the shower outlet on the upper port.
        IF however you were putting in a dedicated shower stall THEN the diverter would be an asset - you could have water coming at you from two sides or overhead, depending how you piped the outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          If you want a tub with a shower overhead on one wall then you don't need the diverter. A regular Delta or Moen single knob valve will work with a diverter flap in the tub spout.
          Basically you'll have the hot on one side, the cold on the other side, the tub spout in the bottom outlet and the shower outlet on the upper port.
          This is what I need. This forum and your help over the years HAYZEE is where I come for ALL my home help stuff.....

THanks!!! A LOT!!!

v.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =