Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technics stereo display doesn't work.

Hello and thank you for trying to solve my problem.

I own a
    Technics SH-CH750 hifi stereo which is separated in several modules as you can see in the photo:

h ttp://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1536/dscn4847.jpg

I have trouble with the sound processor module (up, right in the picture). The display doesn't work, it doesn't show anything, however everything else in the module work properly. All the buttons and the wheel is perfectly working.

For now, all I have done is open the device and look for cold solder joints in the display terminals but nothing wrong. If I'm right, the display is a FL one, which has 20 or 30 terminals more or less.
    Can anyone help me?

Thank you everyone,

pffm12.

display

a seven segment display - either nixie or led or neon has one common terminal and one terminal for each segment of the display. if the display is alpha in addition to numeric it'll have more terminals.
    the display is driven off the output of a display driver ic
    also in each segment there is a current limiter resistor.
    you may have power supply problems also. the display uses plus 5 volts above ground.
    the display can be tested using a flashlight battery 1.5 volts.

Comment

Hello. Thanks for the answer. Here are some material that surely help.

www .sugarsync.com/pf/D6045241_75456920_694813

In the file there are some pictures of the inside taken apart and also a Service Manual that I found in the net which isn't my stereo model, but looks quite similar, maybe helps.

What do you think?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =