Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor heater 2400..your thoughts

I was offered a Monitor 2400 heater for $500.
    Seller says he only used it 3 times until his home was
    built,looks new but not sure.
    Is it worth it?? my Monitor 30 went down after 8 years.
    I would appreciate all views.
    Tks Viking**

M2400 price

That's a pretty good price. A M2400 is a very good heater, without a bunch of the stuff in it that made the M441, M41 a little hard to service. The blower speed is controlled electronically which eliminated the damper solenoid. All in all I think it is a smoking deal.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
      That's a pretty good price. A M2400 is a very good heater, without a bunch of the stuff in it that made the M441, M41 a little hard to service. The blower speed is controlled electronically which eliminated the damper solenoid. All in all I think it is a smoking deal.

Tom
      Thanks Tom,much appreciated.
      Been milling it around for quite a while,the last 2 years with the 30 was a nightmare,the wife wants to heat with the oil furnace because of the nightmare,I don't agree.
      I live in a mobile home with a bedroom addition,the past 8 years the furnace has never been turned on.I think I'll just buy it,she will find out when it's delivered.LOL
      Sure would like a maintenance book on it,any suggestions?

Thanks again
      viking**

Comment

Monitor 2400

$500. is a great deal on a 2400 and especially one that's never been used much. My son paid $500. for a used 422 in 2012. Even if it has been used more than stated and needs a chamber rebuild you can get the parts and do it yourself for about $200.-$250. and an afternoons time.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =