Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor bearings on monitor 441

What a great forum! Thanks to all. I used a two jaw puller to remove bearings but was able to install new bearings with only a little
    effort. Bearing set glue has been mention. My new bearings are noisy. Do you think i need glue and where can i get it?

all bearings are not the same

Where did you get the bearings you are using? All bearing are not the same. Some have RPM limits, some have temp limits. If you paid $7.50 for 5 bearings on EBAY you are going to have to start over again. Use a quality bearing from a bearing store and plan to pay between $7.00 to $12.00 apiece. The bearing set glue is to keep the bearing from spinning on the shaft. If the fit is tight you might not need the glue.

Tom

Comment

Motor bearings glue

Thanks hawkins -what the name of a bearing set glue and where is it purchase ? I did get my my bearings on ebay and will look
      for a better bearing.

Comment

Retaining compound

Try the Loctite web site and look at the retaining compound. You should be able to buy it at NAPA. It just takes a drop, so don't buy a big tube.

Tom

Comment

Retaining compound

Thanks Tom and thanks for a great forum.

Comment

Are these bearings ball bearings or sleeve bearings? Ball bearings should have to be driven onto the shaft. Sleeve bearings are normally not changed because of the wear on the shaft itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbump View Post
              Are these bearings ball bearings or sleeve bearings? Ball bearings should have to be driven onto the shaft. Sleeve bearings are normally not changed because of the wear on the shaft itself.
              You can use finger nail polish for lock tight in the place of glue. You can buy the bearings off ebay but buy better quality bearings not the cheap ones. The last I bought were ABCDE7 and worked great.

Comment

Thanks bryand

These were ball bearings and will try nail polish on the abcde7 bearing when I get them.Thanks for your reply.

Comment

You really shouldn't need any kind of glue to hold bearings in place. In most motors, they can't move once both end bells are in place.

What kind of motor is this? A pump motor, a pool pump motor, in ground, above ground or something totally different?

Comment

bearings

Speedbump, the OP said the bearings were for a Monitor 441.
                    The bearings for a monitor are a #608Z bearing, ball bearing with a 7mm bore.
                    The bearing should have a "press fit" onto the motor shaft.
                    The "glue" you speak of is "locktite red"

Comment

I missed that, what is a monitor 441? Is it some kind of specialty motor for a door opener, furnace or what? We repair pump motors here everyday, and use mostly 6203 bearings which are ball bearings. They have to be pulled off and driven back on. No glue. As long as I've been doing this, I've never heard of bearing glue.

Comment

Motor bearing

HayZee Thanks for clearing up the information on the Monitor 441 fan motor bearing and a special thanks to you for this forum.

Comment

Speedbump

Really! Where have you been? A Monitor 441 is a vented kerosene house heater. Try this, go to this site: Monitor Heater Products and take a look. Self explanatory.

Comment

Thread Locker

LOC-TITE makes three grades of thread lockers. Blue, Green and Red. Each with its own degree of locking abilities.
                            RED is the top of the line. When hardened makes removal almost impossible - however - if the part is gently heated it will release.
                            GREEN and BLUE - Locks the thread up but can be wrenched open with little pressure.
                            LOC-TITE also makes a pipe thread locker with teflon particles embedded within.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            =