Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crackling sound in walls

For the past week or so, we have noticed a strange, crackling sound in our second story bedroom. It seems to come from the corner walls. The bedroom ceiling is part under the attic, though parts of the ceiling are the roof (slanted ceilings in the bedroom). If I had to guess, I would say it sounds like water slowly moving through leaves. There is a gutter that goes down that side of the house, but they were recently cleaned. We can't hear it from the attic or from downstairs, nor from outside. It's been raining almost daily for a while.

Any ideas? We don't even know if we should call a plumber/electrician/contractor.

Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by blue8444

For the past week or so, we have noticed a strange, crackling sound in our second story bedroom. It seems to come from the corner walls. The bedroom ceiling is part under the attic, though parts of the ceiling are the roof (slanted ceilings in the bedroom). If I had to guess, I would say it sounds like water slowly moving through leaves. There is a gutter that goes down that side of the house, but they were recently cleaned. We can't hear it from the attic or from downstairs, nor from outside. It's been raining almost daily for a while.

Any ideas? We don't even know if we should call a plumber/electrician/contractor.

Thanks!
    My guess (since it has been raining almost daily lately) would be that it is simply water fron the roofing dripping into the gutters. Since they are clean, there would be nothing in them to muffle the sound. I hope this has helped.

Dr. Doo

Comment

We recently had a similar sound coming from the floor of our bathroom, under the tub. At first, I thought we had a leak in the floor, then we discovered, carpenter ants. You might want to check, just in case. By the way, anyone know a cheap effective way to get rid of the ants?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =