Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KitchenAid KUDC10FXSS Leaking at Bottom of Door. Leaking from Vent Area inside door

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KitchenAid KUDC10FXSS Leaking at Bottom of Door. Leaking from Vent Area inside door

I bought a Kitchenaid KUDC10FXSS dishwasher at Lowes. It is currently less than 2 years old. It has been leaking since I got it. I had a warranty repair guy out and he loosened some screws that hold it in place (he said sometime this can put the shell out of square) and also replaced the door seal. This was done under the 1 year warranty. Now it is leaking at every wash. I have to put a Tupperware under the front left corner of the door and about cup of water leaks for each wash. I took the door panel off today to see what was happening. Inside I can see that water is leaking from the vent at the top of the door down the inside of the door. There are no broken parts or anything like that. I thought at first the vent cover might be installed upside-down but you can only install it one way :-/. Does anyone have any idea what might be up? Very disappointed with this appliance. My old sears Kenmore worked for 15 years with no leaks (sigh).

I can see that water is leaking from the vent at the top of the door down the inside of the door.
    There is a gasket between the vent cover and door panel which might be leaking. It might also be possible one of the spray arms is not running properly and continually spraying water directly at the vent.

Another possibility may be that the manifold that the adjustable center spray arm plugs into at the rear of the tub is leaking and squirting water directly at the vent. In that case I would expect poor washing on the upper rack might result as well. Try plugging the center arm into the other slot to see if conditions change.

I can't think of any other possibilities.

Dan O.
    Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

...squirting water directly at the vent

Hi Dan - Thanks for the reply. I will check the gasket but believe that something is squirting water into the vent. Currently the louvers (slats) on the vent point upward. I tired to see if I could turn them around (thought maybe it was installed incorrectly) but it appears that it can only be installed one way. Any thoughts on that?
      The upper arm is very small and spins freely when I spin it. I couldn't see if something was blocking the water or redirecting it from the spouts. I will take a closer look and will check the center arm as well.
      One test that I did was putting s piece of tupperware (large rectangle) near the vent so that it might block some water (or all). I still got some water leaking but it was less. This lead me to believe that something is squirting water up there somehow. Thanks again for the suggestions. I will post more once I have done more testing/investigating.

Comment

it appears that it can only be installed one way. Any thoughts on that?
        I'm not familiar with the exact model but the vent only able to be installed one way sounds reasonable and is likely correct.

JMO

Dan O.
        Appliance411.com
        The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X
        =