Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrify Hardware Cloth

I have a void under my front stoop and I believe this is where mice are able to work their way up into my attic. I haven't had a problem so far this year (that I know of), but last year I had a family of them residing in my attic. I'm working on fixing the void issue, but until then I was thinking I could electrify the hardware cloth that goes around the void. Over a foot of the hardware cloth is buried in the ground. Is there a way to hook up a 6 volt lantern battery to electrify the hardware cloth? I really don't want to rely on mouse traps again as the mice seemed to avoid the traps after I caught a few.

mice

as a rule mice and field mice are social creatures. they live together in great numbers.
    but they are also "loners."
    they forage by themselves.
    a battery won't solve your problem.
    hitching your hardware cloth to a fence charger won't help either.
    a sticky gooey mouse strip may be better.
    just place along their travel path with a string attached to one end.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      as a rule mice and field mice are social creatures. they live together in great numbers.
      but they are also "loners."
      they forage by themselves.
      a battery won't solve your problem.
      hitching your hardware cloth to a fence charger won't help either.
      a sticky gooey mouse strip may be better.
      just place along their travel path with a string attached to one end.
      Even having 4 cats you still just got to rely on something more deadly for the ones that will get inside. Get ya some Decon and put it in the attic areas and if you want to up the safety factor TOMCAT makes the little plastic maze with the block to gnaw on. That's the only way I know of to keep them from becoming friendly with your house. It might be nasty but it's better than finding you have electrical issues because the vermin ate a section a foot long from a wire and left some 12/2 Romex flying in formation completely bare. Been there done that last year. Keep the poison going and you at least keep them at bay. It's not very critter friendly but neither is a house fire.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =