Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Dalton Garage Door Identification

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the right Torsion Spring for my Wayne Dalton garage door (5 panels, 8x16). On the door there is a yellow label with two Product IDs: 13990 and 9005. I cannot find such product number for Wayne Dalton on the web. Does anyone know which door model this is?

Specifically I want to find out either the weight of the door OR the right Torsion Spring for it.

Thanks,
    Tony

Don't worry too much about finding the correct original model numbers etc. You are on the right track by trying to find out what the correct weight of the door, but you can measure this fairly easily if you have a set of bathroom scales. I used my bathroom scales to weigh a custom made carriage door that weighs 547 pounds. Go to ddmgaragedoors.com out of Chicago to find a lot of information on measuring and selecting torsion springs. I used them when I needed to work on my door and was well pleased with their service and pricing.

Comment

Look for a sticker on the end of the end style. Many manufacturer put an ID sticker on the door with all the info.

Comment

Have you checked the spring? Usually there is a tag with the spring size.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =