Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Door Opener Adjustment

I had some problems with my door opening and closing this winter. I adjusted the up and down dials and now I've messed it up. It comes down about a foot from the bottom and I can press the button and get it to the bottom, however, when I open it, it goes further down (putting a lot of pressure on the door) for opening the door. Any idea on how I need to adjust the up and down force knobs?

Suggest that you identify your garage door opener by manufacturer and model number. You can then Google that info to get a copy of the owner's manual. You should be able to get the proper set up procedures there.

Comment

If you have a LiftMaster, Chamberlain or Craftsman with screw dials to set up/down limit, this is what you have inside the box.The one in the middle has two arms that make connection to the outer adjuster. You can with force damage the two arms and/or run them past the adjuster. If you have a Genie or Overhead Door opener with the happy face on the back, some of the parts will wear and run on the gear and not activate the switch.
      Last edited by TJR; 06-05-2013, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Ask your friend to open up the door with the wall restraint button. While the door is going up, take hold of the bottom part and put on the opposite strength. It should make halting of the door. If your door does not stop, you have to adjust "up force" limit electrical switch. Put a wooden log under the door while your garage door is open. Ask your assustant control the door applying the wall restraint button. When your Craftsman Garage doors
        comes in contact with the wood, the door should stop and so reverse. If it does not, you need to adjust your Crafter garage door "down force" limit switch. Find the nodes fitting up and down force on the back of the opener motor. Adjust Crafter garage door opener up and down force with the knobs in the same way the limits were adjusted in Step 1.
        Last edited by Jacklynembrey; 08-14-2013, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =