• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water leak from Frigidaire fridge

Dan O.
    trying to locate a water leak on a frigidaire side by side unit
    Model: MRS22WNGW6
    There is a 1/4 inch tubing exposed at the front, bottom that goes to a length up through the hinge joint
    to a water outlet tube in the door dispensing unit.
    If I were to pull the quick disconnect union apart, there shouldn't be any pressure in the line,
    just whatever is in it - correct?
    what are chances that the tubing inside the hinge joint is abraded to the point of leaking
    Last edited by Dan O.; 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM. Reason: made more descriptive title

If I were to pull the quick disconnect union apart, there shouldn't be any pressure in the line,
    just whatever is in it - correct?
    As long as the water dispenser is NOT being activated at the time (and the water valve is good), no, there should be no water pressure just the water in the lines that leaks out.

what are chances that the tubing inside the hinge joint is abraded to the point of leaking
    It may be possible although less likely on that brand IMO. I know other brands have had some problems with the water lines to the door dispenser but I've heard about very few on Frigidaire.

Dan O.
    www.Appliance411.com
    The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

Comment

the above fridge

I disconnected the water line at the union and nothing shot out, so the valve is ok.
      but there was a puddle in the morning.
      what I think it is, is the drain for the freezer section is plugged because I get a puddle every eight hours or so. the mullion heater is operating off the defrost timer. I can't locate a diagram for this fridge to help me pinpoint where the drain is. can you help me?

Comment

freezer drain

Dan,
        There is no freezer drain. What happened is whenever something was put in there, it must've had some form of condensation on it and just dripped to the bottom. It all gathered in the depression on the bottom and just accumilated until it over flowed every time it went into heat for defrost mode and dripped out between the freezer door and magnetic seal.

Comment

what I think it is, is the drain for the freezer section is plugged because I get a puddle every eight hours or so.
          If there is also ice on the floor of the freezer, that is a common symptom of a plugged defrost water drain.

There is no freezer drain.
          Yes there is. It will be right beneath the evaporator coil. It may not be visible without removing the evaporator cover.

What happened is whenever something was put in there, it must've had some form of condensation on it and just dripped to the bottom. It all gathered in the depression on the bottom and just accumilated until it over flowed every time it went into heat for defrost mode and dripped out between the freezer door and magnetic seal.
          I doubt that condensation would build up to the point of causing leaks out the door.

BTW. The defrost heaters only defrost the evaporator coil itself. They don't affect any other area of the refrigerator.

JMO

Dan O.
          Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

My fridge leaked once. It was off-kilter and the condensation tray would leak all over the floor. It could be that.

Comment

Moved here from PM:

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
              Dan, I found out what was stopping up the drain hole on the evaporator on my fridge. Somehow wasps built a nest inside the drain. I found a mess of wasp carcasses when I thawed out the ice in the bottom of the evaporator coils. I couldn't snake a wire down inside but almost certain it won't happen again. Time will tell. Thanks for your help - HayZee
              Glad to hear it. Thanks for the follow up.

Dan O.
              Appliance411.com

=D~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X
              =