Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patio Fire Pit... Need ideas to finish..

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patio Fire Pit... Need ideas to finish..

For several years I have enclosed a small gass firepit in concrete blocks to make it more presentable on our patio. Originally it had a
    table like cover surrounding the gas fire box that also served as a table and covered the small concrete blocks. Time and weather has
    taken their toll and the top surface disingreated and fell apart. Now I would like to come up with something durable to cover these blocks
    with and serve as a table at the same time.. I need ideas... The two pictures show what it looked like before the surfaces fel apart and
    what I am left with to make a top for...

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	87760Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1038.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	87761
    Last edited by DD716TED; 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Lowe's and HD sell large concrete pavers that are shaped just like the second picture (wedge shapes so you can make a circle).
    You could get stone slabs (flagstone or New York Blue stone spring to mind) and with an angle grinder or a circular saw and a masonry blade cut the same shapes to form a circle.
    either way make sure you use a landscaping adhesive when you sit them on the blocks.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Could use that angle grinder with a stone cutting blade to shape ceramic floor tile to shape just like what you had. Maybe fashion a tray beneath them so it could be lifted off in one piece. Might be heavy, but would be pretty stable in most winds. Large assortment of colors and styles to choose from, too, to match the house decor....

Comment

Working...
      X
      =