Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do for annual inspection

Being new to this thing, I was wondering if there are any parts in particular that need to be serviced/inspected annually on a 441. The thing came with the house, and judging by the sticker on the side hasn't been serviced in about 7 years. I called and asked how much the place wanted to do the service (only place in town I can find), and they told me $450, if I brought it in to them. :-/

servicing

once a year vacuum or blow out the heat exchanger fins.
    scrape out and blow out any carbon inside what you can reach in the heat exchanger from the back of the unit.
    clean out the dual pipe inlet/outlet tube.
    check the hoses for the air proving switch. if cracked replace them.
    if the main blower sounds like a jet engine winding out, replace the bearings.
    while you are at it, open up the combustion pot and check the burner ring and the burner mat.
    if the burner mat has disintegrated or curls upward, replace it.
    if the burner ring is badly deformed replace it.

Comment

Thanks. That should keep me somewhat busy for the night. :-) Any really good places to buy parts if the need arises?

Comment

Monitor parts Fairbanks

Seth,

You have the largest Monitor dealer in the state right in your town. The Woodway is both a Toyo and Monitor dealer. They have been with Monitor for over 20 years. You can get anything for Monitor you need, right there in Fairbanks.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
          Seth,

You have the largest Monitor dealer in the state right in your town. The Woodway is both a Toyo and Monitor dealer. They have been with Monitor for over 20 years. You can get anything for Monitor you need, right there in Fairbanks.

Tom
          Yeah. I have had a couple of not so good experiences with em between my pellet stove and my chainsaw, so I am trying to avoid having to go down that road again. :-/

Comment

parts

its really far away but they do do mail order.
            adirondack hardware in keeseville ny. mathis electronics repairs the computer boards.

Comment

Monitor Heater Parts

I like to get my parts from Hickory Home Center out of NC, they do sell on ebay as well. Good prices and quick shipping.

Can get parts shipped to me cheaper than I can buy in the North East!

Comment

Working...
              X
              =