Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair manuel 2400

Does anyone have or know wher I can get a repair manual for Monitor 2400 ?
    Not an owners manual, a repair manual
    TKs Viking

manual

what exactly are you looking for in a service manual? Step by step removal and replace of components? You won't find it in this manual.
    What this does have is a flow chart troubleshooting type of manual.
    what is your symptom - possible faults - recommended fixes.

Comment

manual

Hayzee,thanks for quick reply'
      After years of heating with a M30,repairs were quick and easy to find,
      the heater had a repair/troubleshoot manual
      The 2400 I am about to pick up does not,so if it doesn't start I'm screwed,the point is i'm going into this blind and with winter just weeks away I would like something to at least show parts and numbers.
      If I'm told to check a certain part it would be a guessing game to me what the part even looks like,don't get me wrong ,I'm not stupid, just not up on electronics,I'm a 70 yr old retired coal miner/welder.
      I downloaded the PDF M2400,all it shows is installation not much use.
      This 2400 was used 3 years then put away covered up ,he has done no maintenance on it'
      Somewhere out there has to be a trouble shoot on the 2400,any advice ,links emails would greatly be appreciated .

Money does not come easy to retirees with no pension/ non union

$500 = m2400
      OR
      $500= NO 2400,OIL FOR FURNACE AT 3.42 GALLON=147 GALLON

Comment

monitor 2400

I have a 2400 vented kerosene heater and a gf3800 propane.
        you'll find a vast difference between the 30 and the 2400. the combustion blower is basically the same, same with the heat exchanger and combustion pot. the sequence of starting is basically the same
        The computer board is different.
        The fuel pump is different.
        The overload limits look the same.
        The float reset is different.
        The needle valve is different. Hawkins111 is an ex monitor dealer and is a source of excellant help. DFITZ has the pdf diagram.

Comment

Manual

Being new to this forum,how do I get in touch with "DFITZ"

Comment

M2400 info

Viking,

The M2400 is a good heater. When Monitor built the heater they did away with the most troublesome features of the M441. New style circuit board with RPM sensor that allows control of the blower motor without a solenoid damper. It is too bad Monitor no longer makes heaters. They have stated they will support their products with spare parts for the near future. With that in mind you can still get parts and support from Monitor dealers. This is where I would start looking for a manual. They will also have or be able to get any part that you need for your heater. Search the forum for M2400 or M441 and you will find enough info on after market suppliers that can help you with material for gaskets, burner mats and glue. Since I do not know where you live I can not give you a dealers name that is close. Use the net and you can find all the Monitor wholesalers. They can lead you to a Monitor dealer close to you. If you want to use EMAIL or regular mail try Hickory Home and Garden in North Carolina. They are fast and charge a fair price. Again, use the forum search, it is full of info that will help you out. If all else fails use EBAY, there are a lot of stores there.

Tom

Comment

go to the member list and send a private msg to dfitz.

Comment

was there a specific issue with this unit ? didnt see one mentioned

Comment

Hayzee, what makes you think i have a 2400 service manual ?
                  i would think you would have one since you have a 2400

Comment

yeah I got a 2400 but I don't have a service manual.
                    any problems I got I'm able to work out from past experience working with monitors.
                    when you get into computer problems, then I refer to the people I know [mathis electronics]
                    anything else its pretty much cut n dry and figure out what's happening and what is not happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =