Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Seal Around Frame of Casement Windows

Looking around the ouside today for some upcoming weather stripping fixes before the winter I noticed that on top of two casement windows the rubber gasket/seal that is attached to the window frame itself has shrunk a bit on the top leaving a small gap between the window frame and where it meets the house when shut. Is a simple fix for this to just add some foam weather stripping or remove the rubber gasket and replace it. The windows are good other wise but being 14 years old it may be hard to find the correct size rubber gasket to replace the existing one. Thanks for any ideas on this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Casement Window.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	87797
    Last edited by 06Honda; 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM. Reason: Image too small

If you see the maker's name on the handle or sometimes in the lower left corner of the glass in that tiny writing, then all you need do is go to a window supplier that deals in those windows and they can get (if they don't have some in stock) the gasket. Many times they are pretty much the same from manufacturer to manufacturer.
    Failing that yes you can use window sealing products like those sold at Lowes or HD, look for a vinyl product with a double sided tape, rather than the foam style.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look for the name and see what I can find.

Comment

window repair

Self-stick weatherstripping is best where nailing isn’t possible, such as on metal or Vinyl Windows. It also does a good job sealing warped windows that are too irregular for rigid weatherstripping. And it’s favored for parts of doors or windows that press together rather than sliding against one another (sliding action can quickly dislodge the self-stick backing). It works well on hinged doors and windows, though nail-on weatherstripping works for these, too.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =