Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message says to activate MS word

I bought a used computer last night with windows XP without software. I used my MS word 2002 disc to install it. It says it needs to be activated. I don't have net service. What does it mean? Thanks.

MS word

MS Word is a word processor. Windows XP doesn't include the operating software to run the word processor and needs to access the internet to d/l the required DLL's.

Comment

I'll try the telephone. Thanks.

Comment

MS word

the MS word version you have, have you used it before [ I'm assuming you did]
        Was it just the trial version?
        I checked microsoft and it says in most cases, the word processor was just a trial version and needs to be upgraded to a full function version using an activation code.
        do you have the cd key?

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
          the MS word version you have, have you used it before [ I'm assuming you did]
          Was it just the trial version?
          I checked microsoft and it says in most cases, the word processor was just a trial version and needs to be upgraded to a full function version using an activation code.
          do you have the cd key?

It came with my other computer and isn't a trial version.

Comment

Ms

I hear where you're coming from. I have Microsoft Excel 97, but it won't install by itself. Some sort of previous spreadsheet program must be installed. Sooo, I had the old Lotus 1-2-3. I installed this and Excel wrote right over the top of it. Didn't need no cd-key.
            I also got Microsoft Office, but I had the cd-key for it. So I am able to use the word processor on it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =