Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl veneer cabinets

Probably has been asked....
    I have vinyl cabinets that are peeling from the heat of appliances in those locations.
    Aggrevating...
    So appears to have particle board under.
    Possible to peel and paint this stuff?
    If so peeling can be done how? Heat gun or steam?
    or Gut these cabinets and sink them for a fish's home. (doubt the fish wants them either)

counter tops

sure you can peel the stuff off with aid of a heat gun but then that leaves the glue. particle board or mdf medium density fiberboard. the particle board is hardly what you want for a top finish. even if you use a two part epoxy, you are going to have problems down the road. replace with formica.

Comment

thanks for the advice.
      iiiiimmmm thinking im scrapping these. I dont see it getting better with the heat sources still being used.
      toaster and oven.
      Thinking i should just go with real wood.

Comment

heat ?

how in the heck did heat ruin your counter tops? unless you placed a hot saucepan on the counter, which I can understand. Why didn't you use a trivet underneath it?
        appliances don't normally direct heat downwards i.e. a toaster, a microwave, a toaster oven

Comment

You should always go with real wood as it is one of the best wood which really last for long and best for your cabinets.
          Last edited by alexdominic; 01-25-2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by korean1 View Post
            Probably has been asked....
            I have vinyl cabinets that are peeling from the heat of appliances in those locations.
            Aggrevating...
            So appears to have particle board under.
            Possible to peel and paint this stuff?
            If so peeling can be done how? Heat gun or steam?
            or Gut these cabinets and sink them for a fish's home. (doubt the fish wants them either)
            If your good with a power saw you can always reface them. Just buy some lumber, cut your new cabinet doors, sand them and varnish them and then installed them with some new hinges. I am doing this now because I had the same issue with the heat. I'm about half way done, I'll share a pic of them when I'm finished I'm sure you will love it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =