X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinstalling tub and new surround

Hi,

I had a problem with my water leaking
    through old tiles that surrounded my tub. I took down the tiles, removed the tub
    and cleaned and repaired the area under the tub. Now I am looking to put the tub
    back and install a new tub surround. One of those 5 or three piece surrounds.
    But I'm at a point where I need some help. The tub I have is a whirlpool drop in
    tub that was installed as an alcove tub. It was installed incorrectly with out
    the tile flange that was need for this installation. I've order the flange
    required straight from jacuzzi. But don't know what surround to get. The
    measurements for the tub is 35.75 inches by 59.75 inches. And then the way
    alcove it was sitting in before is in an odd configuration. It has the three
    usual sides, the far one was removed to get the tub out but will be reinstalled.
    But also has a 4 inch butt out corner where it meets the wall by the shower.
    I'll attach drawing of what I mean. That side is 36" long. I'm not sure of what
    I can do here, as all of the surrounds that I found that could fit it are 60" by
    37". Should I cut out the wall more making it 37" or cut the surround? But what
    should I do with the 4" corner? Should I scrap the tub and install a smaller tub, something like 60" by 30". Any suggestions would be great!!Click image for larger version

Name:	tubproblem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	87807

tub

from what I can see, a three piece tub surround would work except for covering that 4 inch extension. All I can say is try to find a matching piece of plastic material [same shade as your tub surround] and glue it to the wall THEN install the tub surround starting with the wall where the faucet is. then the back wall and finally the middle piece. its all glued together with pressure sensitive foam tape.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =