Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to check??

Cranked up my 422 for the first time this season a few days ago. The heater goes through the start up cycle and does run and puts out heat, but the flame is not normal size, occasionally flickering yellow and doesn't get hot enough to turn the dome of the burn ring red as it should. Burn chamber was just rebuilt in Feb. 2012 and the unit was running perfectly when I quit using it this spring. Although I did the chamber rebuild myself I'm not extremely familiar with what to look for when problems arise. Just need suggestions on things to check. I have looked into the intake/exhaust tube and don't see any restrictions from the outside but may remove the heater from the connection from the inside to be sure there's not a restriction near the heater.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM.

After letting the heater run for awhile the problem seems to have corrected itself. It's back to a normal size blue flame and doing it's job well.

Comment

Glad you got it figured out! Although it's always a little unnerving when you don't know why it fixed itself.

Comment

Originally posted by catamount View Post
        Glad you got it figured out! Although it's always a little unnerving when you don't know why it fixed itself.
        I think I now know what the problem was. Friday night it kept sounding the alarm that the heater was empty although I'd just put a full capsule tank in it prior to going to bed. Saturday I tore into it to try to find the problem and found fuel wasn't getting to the constant level valve so I removed the kerosene from the sump and in the process found quite a bid of trash and lint that had accumulated over the years so then assumed the line was blocked with trash. I blew through the line clearing the blockage and no more alarm saying the heater was empty and it's been running fine since Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =