Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surround sound cooling fan....

The buzzing from the surround sound unit turned out to be the cooling fan. It's a Runda model FD124010HB 12V 0.10A unit. It's size is about an inch and a half square., Checked E-Bay, but those are 50mm square. And some sound a bit 'phisshy'... Where's a more legitimate place to go for one of these fans?

fan

I usually go to
    allelectronics dot com out in california. shipping takes less than a week - no minimum.

Comment

Cooling fan....

Thanks, HayZee!! I have a note to them requesting info. You are a wealth of help. Much appreciated.

Comment

No reply yet from this company....Will wait 'till Friday and look for another source.

Comment

fan

just look in the catalog. the sizes and voltages are right there.
          what info are you looking for on the fan(s)?

Comment

Here is what I sent Allcorp:

----------------------------------
            Hi. I could not find the cooling fan I need from your online catalog for my RCA surround sound unit.
            The fan specs are:
            Brand: (not important to me..) Runda
            DC 12V, 0.10A
            Model: FD124010HS
            40mm x 40mm x 11 or 12 mm.

Do you anything like this?

Thanks for any help.
            -----------------------------------
            Have yet to receive a reply.

Comment

cooling fan(s)

I just went to the all electronics site and located two fans, both priced the same, with the dimensions you require. Only difference between the two is the outward appearance of them.
              The first one cat# CF414, is a block of acryllic with the fan in the middle
              Delta Fonsan # DFB0412H. 40 x 40 x 20mm. 12Vdc 0.10A. 5" leads with 2-pin socket connector (0.1" ctrs). New fan prepped with double-sided sticky tape on one edge. UL, CSA, CE

The other one is an open faced construction CF 435
              12Vdc @ 0.06A. 40 x 40 x 11mm. 3" leads with 2-conductor socket connector, 0.1" spacing. CE.
              Both cost $3.25 each.

Comment

Hmmm... I guess I better visit an eyeglass factory next! Thanks for seeing what I couldn't/didn't, HayZee. I did order it.

Comment

Glad I kept the old one. The new fan came today, but the pigtail was too short, and the two pin connector was just not quite right. Spliced the old wire to the new fan and we now have the surround sound back. My wife is happy. Consequently....so am I! Thanks for your help....

Comment

Originally posted by mrcaptainbob View Post
                    Glad I kept the old one. The new fan came today, but the pigtail was too short, and the two pin connector was just not quite right. Spliced the old wire to the new fan and we now have the surround sound back. My wife is happy. Consequently....so am I! Thanks for your help....
                    Can I ask you how loud your fan is? I want to replace mine, there's nothing wrong with it per say. But I can hear around volume 10 and lower. It bugs me when there's little sound or during a type of broadcast like the news where there isn't much going on.

Comment

We cannot hear it at all, jelp2.

Comment

Ahhhh, that would be a dream!!! Could I bother you for the info on which one you bought??
                        Thanks!!!!!

Comment

fan

Please go to the following site.
                          Same one I send Bob to.
                          www dot allelectronics dot com.
                          look in the left hand panel for fans.
                          scroll through the list and find what you want. Dimensions are also there.
                          they ship within a week.

Comment

Thanks Hayzee, I did go to the site. I looked at the two you mentioned since I had the same exact fan as Bob, I ended up purchasing the thinner one since that was the closest to what I originally had. I don't know if the other thicker fan would be better or, if it would fit if it were a better fan. Either way, just as long as it's quieter than the one I have installed now!
                            Thanks again for the help!!
                            Last edited by jelp2; 03-18-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            =