Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn mat gluing

I'm replacing the burn mat on my MPI 2200 and need info on how to glue it in. I see the threads for the 41, 441, 42 etc, but nothing for the 2200. What I saw when I took it apart was that the pad was glued to the outer portion of the bottom of the burn pot, not in the center of the bottom. I don't think this mat has been replaced before. so I would guess thats the way to do it.
    Secondly, the gray paint has flaked off the the outside of the burn pot. Should it be repainted and with what type of paint?

gluing 2220 burn mat

I have a new pot I bought for future use for my 2200 that's never been used but came with the mat already installed. It is glued all the way around the circumference except at the fuel inlet, at the fuel inlet it has approximately a 1/4" wide line of glue on each side of the inlet about 1" apart going to the middle of the pot with about a 1 1/2" diameter solid blob of glue in the middle of the pot, then half way between the outside circumference of the pot and the center 1 1/2" blob there's another 1/4" wide line of glue on each side between the outer edge of the large blob and outside edge of the pot.
    Last edited by FordMan59; 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Gluing the mat, Monitor 2200

Thanks, when I took the old mat out, thats what I notice from the residue of the old glue. I needed a confirmation as to how it is actually done.

A big THANKS.
      Last edited by Doug301; 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

gluing burn mat 2200 from monitor

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 205.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	87238Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	87239 Right click and open in new window to read these and hope it helps
        Last edited by savinfuel; 11-16-2013, 06:25 PM. Reason: better way to look at post

Comment

Working...
        X
        =