Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpi 2400 fuel issues

Ok so to start off my monitor ran perfect b4 we ran out of fuel. We just refueled and I started up my monitor and when I turn the fuel on (from a shutoff behind the stove) it pours fuel out from the side of the fuel pump, please help! Nothing has changed since not having fuel, so not sure what May have caused this issue I'll try to attach pics
    Attached Files

overflowing

on the right side lower part of the heater, press the red button, then start your fuel flow again.
    see what happens.
    if it overflows again, shut off the fuel.
    you may have some brown crap inside the sump.
    you'll need to take out the sump and clean out the insides.
    that brown crap is gelled water which may be gumming up the needle valve.

unplug the unit. remove the two spade terminals from the pump. shut off the fuel flow. make a trough out of aluminum foil and place under where the two screws are on the right lower part of the heater. feed the trough into a pie pan. remove the big screw. this will drain the sump.
    use an adjustable and unscrew the brass gland nut in back of the sump. remove the four screws that hold the sump to the heater and remove the sump tank.

remove two screws that hold the top plate on the sump and remove the pump. remove the two small screws and lift out the float, set aside.

Use gumout carb cleaner and clean out the inside of the sump. remove the two small screws that hold the plate and gasket on the right side of the tank. take out the filter and spray/clean the filter. use a Q tip and clean out where the filter screen goes. there's a hole way inside the filter chamber. this is the bottom of the needle valve seat.

now put everything back together and refasten the sump to the heater. replace and tighten the gland nut and fuel pipe. press the red button once. this resets the float. establish your fuel flow and see if it stops.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, I did try pushing the red button while fuel was pouring out the side, I also cleaned the filter(and it was clean), but I will try cleaning it out the sump after work today... thankyou very much!
      Last edited by AKScubA; 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

fuel leak

If the stove did not leak before you ran out of fuel, it would not leak after you got fuel. You stated you cleaned the filter. The filter is where the problem is. If the cover is not installed correctly it will leak, RIGHT NOW. Be sure to use the machined screws and not the self tapping one from one of the side panels.

Tom

Comment

The fuel is coming out of the hole on the side of the sump, I have another 4 hours b4 I get home...but it's not leaking from the filter or anything that could be loose. Might I add, it's been a couple of years since my oil tank had been filled but no problems with the heater it seems normal, except for the fact that fuel pours out that hole when I turn on the shutoff valve, I'll be home in 4 hours...
          Last edited by AKScubA; 11-22-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

fuel leak

take a picture of the hole you are talking about. there's only four ways for fuel to leak out.
            one: the gland nut surrounding the fuel line in back.
            two: through the hole the lockout reset protrudes.
            three: the bleeder hole on top of the sump pump plate
            four: between the metal plate and gasket where the filter screen is.

Comment

Option three

Found a hole in the float patching with a fuel friendly epoxy thanks for all your knowledge it helped!!!

Comment

The float was full of fuel and would not float...
                Attached Files

Comment

float

ok, so there's your problem. with the float always down inside the sump, the needle valve was always open. when you have excessive fuel the float moves upwards and contacts that small magnet, which keeps the needle valve closed.
                  invest in a new float when you get the chance. the added weight from the epoxy may make the level erratic.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =