Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I fix rotten T-111 siding over roof and under gutter?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I fix rotten T-111 siding over roof and under gutter?

How can I repair the rotten T-111 siding over the roof and under the gutter (see picture) before the water starts coming in the walls.

I don't want to replace two entire sheets of T-111; that would be kind of expensive.

Thanks.

Mark
    Attached Files

I cannot see your picture clearly as I cannot make it larger however it's not advisable to replace part sheets (width wise) as either side of the sheet has a "lap" edge where the following sheet is either under the next sheet or overlaps the next sheet. Cutting the width of the sheet makes it impossible to get a good seal. Now you can cut the length but you will need to also install galvanized drip edge under the top sheet and over the lower sheet.
    Can you post a larger picture showing the exact place of the damage ?
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Along the roof line you can cut back for a 1x4 to run along the roof line be sure to hold any wood above the the roof line to prevent rotting again. be sure to back prime and paint the 1 x and install a z flashing between the one by and the t1-11

Dan

Comment

Remember to seal it

The advice you got was very good about replacing it. I just wanted to add, make sure you have the contractor seal the new t1-11 so you prevent it from rotting again.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =