Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard would it be to replace entire sheets of T1-11?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard would it be to replace entire sheets of T1-11?

Since the T1-11 above the roof is rotten and the T1-11 under the gutter is rotten, how hard would it be for a contractor to replace the sheets?

Does the window have to come out or would the window frame have to come off and be replaced?

The gutter is a few millimeters away from the siding. Should I get a new gutter that's farther away?

How accurate the the contractor going to be in cutting the new T1-11 so it fits and the walls don't leak?

Isn't this kind of a difficult job?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Ahhhhh to hear someone speak in millimeters is a sound for my ears...lol

Replacing T 1 -11 is a pretty straight forward task, most likely the trim around the window will need removed before the siding is taken down and reinstalled after the new in on. 1/4" (6mm) is okay to keep the T1-11 off end of the gutter 1/2" (12mm) would be ideal but not worth paying to have the gutter cut down unless they remove it to do the siding.
    While the siding and window trim are off ask the contractor to seal around the window where it's nailed to the house with a water sealing tape, it will also help with any drafts.

Behind the t1 -11 at the bottom near the roof there will be metal flashing, that is what actually stops the water penetration, ask the contractor to make sure it is all still in good condition.
    The contractor (if he's good) should be able to make the cuts so it's uniform along the roof.

It's not such a difficult job, but it can be time consuming. To save some money you could prime and paint the T1-11 before he starts the install.
    Last edited by pushkins; 01-05-2014, 05:55 PM.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

I didn't know about the tape. I'll have the contractor use it.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X
      =